Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Addendum to "that guy"

The hardest part about being that guy is the fact that there are so many people who know everything about me- and who will come to me anonymously and then I know nothing about them. Yes I blog, I am an open book, fine, but it's really hard and almost unfair that I speak to so many of you and don't even know who you are. It's pretty hard to build a friendship of any kind without a name or a face.

Do not stop talking to me. I love you all and I am here for you. But just so you know, it's extremely difficult when I talk to you, to think you know everything about me- and I don't even know your name. Try and in vision being in my shoes for a minute, that's all I ask. And I do want to be "that guy". I didn't sign up for it, but I'm so thrilled to help. It's just hard for me, as a person (not as a 'resource' or 'therapist' but just as me), to have strangers talking to me without even a name for me to call them.

2 comments:

It Gets Better- Gay Orthodox Jews